Friday, January 1, 2010

End of an era

Well, it is over, the end of an era. It just so happens that this blog coincides with the changing of a year. Completely coincidental. This is the end of the era that I thought myself invincible and immune from injury. I broke my foot in September and found out this morning that I need surgery on my miniscus in my knee - scheduled for Tuesday of next week. This has been an end that I have been anticipating since the waning days of 2008, just over a year ago. I did not heed the warning signs and pushed on. Now, here I am, broken down and inert.

I pray to God that this is not the end of my running days. It can't be. It won't be. I will be posting updates next week on the surgery, recovery and what the future holds - Copper Canyon is not completely out of the picture, but that image is dimming.

Happy New Year.

No comments: