Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week Recap

Well, it looks as if I may be running in a couple of weeks. My foot has been healing rather quickly and I suspect that my podiatrist will give me the go ahead at my next appointment. Slow and steady wins the race this time around. Just in time, this healing, as I am beginning to get the itch to run again.

Last week I achieved my weekly fitness goal of stationary cycling 200+ miles. 203 miles in 7 rides. I put in a hard 35 miler on Friday to meet, and then surpass, the benchmark. Every one of those miles was with a good effort. Though 200+/week is no thing for cyclists, it proved almost difficult, in turns of time. The miles fly by on the cycle, of course, when compared with running. The thing that I still can't get my mind around is the fact that 203 miles isn't even my furthest distance travelled in a week via self-propulsion. I had a 204 mile running week last September. Thought of that sort of running mileage currently makes my knees quake. Anyways, it was a great week of cycling. My fitness is good. My heart is strong.

No comments: