Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Full-moon run, take two

So, yesterday morning (Dec. 1st) around 1AM I rolled out of bed eager as a beaver to enjoy the otherworldliness of a moonlit trail run. I dressed myself for the weather, snapped open the front door, and... snow. It was snowing. No moon to speak of. I was up and pumped to run, so headed out the door with a renewed sense of outcome: Dec. 1st, 2009 was going to be the host of a snowy 1AMer, not a full-moon run as originally planned.

This morning, at 1AM, I rolled out of bed. Take two. Today, anyways, was the actual full-moon. I cracked open the door, holding my breath, hoping for a clear, cold, blast of lunar light. Sucess! A clear night. I headed out blissfully. One of the more peaceful runs of my life. I took her nice, easy and steady. My headlamp proved unncessary, even in the woods, this morning; the moon was that reflective. Yeehaw. It was one of the more lovely 7-8 milers I can remember. Short, but I am getting there. Slow and steady wins the race.

The point of this post is this: if at first you don't succeed make the most of what has been dealt and try again. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: