1) ...had a wonderful time at home with my family.
2) ...made it back to Great Falls in a relatively timely manner.
3) ...took my first day off of running in well over a year (a conscious decision).
4) ...had a delightful 22 mile Sunday, followed by a 17 mile Monday.
5) ...made it back to work and school with a good attitude.
6) ...shifted my 2009 training goals (See Below).
My big focus this year will be the Colorado Trail record attempt. The 50 mile races that I was intending on doing filled up within hours of registration opening. Anyways, I am not sure that I would have had the time or the money to get to those races anyways. I will run a few races, but only for fun and training... nothing too competitive. This year I want to focus on running slow, long and hilly to prepare for the long days on the CT. The reality is, I can't get in the miles necessary for the CT while concurrently keeping the intensity of work outs necessary for racing. I am at peace with this. It makes sense and it relieves a lot of the pressure I put on myself when gearing up for races.
Anyways, life is good. I will keep you updated on how my Spring training evolves and life changes.