Friday, May 15, 2009

I am a runner...again

I put in my first honest to goodness run in yesterday, after a 4 day break. Just 7 miles, but it felt so great to cruise again. I ran my fast route through town, and opened up to 6:15 pace for a bit of it, just to see how my legs were doing. Not bad. 70% I would say. I hadn't had that much fun on a run in awhile.

This break from training is going to be great. I haven't been completely idle this week. Each day I have been putting in a couple of walk/jog miles and have been doing my usually core routine. Tuesday I had a nice and relaxed hour stationary bike ride around my apartment. It felt great to get outside though yesterday. So freeing. I realized yesterday how blessed I am to be able to run at all. I am so glad that I called a stop to training when I did. I can't help but think that I could have done some permanent damage if I continued on the way I was. My eyes have been opened up to the great things in my life too, with this break. My mind isn't daily consumed with running as it was just a week ago. Growing and maturing, I am. Hope everyone has a great day. God bless.

No comments: