Monday, November 16, 2009

A disjointed, yet satisfactory Monday

Today has unfolded exactly counter to how it was envisaged. Here is how:

1) I slept through my 5AM run... Strike one
2) Forgot my stocking cap, not realizing that fact until I was well away from the house and noticed that it would be a nice day for a stocking cap... ball, just a ball
3) In a moment of empowered redemption, I hopped off the bus at the rec center to 'take two' on my morning run. When I neared the entryway to the rec center it occurred to me that I didn't have the mandatory university identification card on me (it was in a different pair of pants back home - along with my stocking cap) to gain access to the treadmill... Strike two
4) Slightly disappointed by my second strike, I gathered myself and made a new plan. Mid-morning, after a couple of hours of work, I would run home and grab my Griz Card. This, of course, would kill two birds with one stone - it would make for a nice little 5 miler and would afford me the opportunity to retrieve my Griz Card for my afternoon workout... Home run


The run was great, really great. I retrieved my Griz Card as planned and got back to work, without incident. This Monday is back on track. I hope that your, the reader, Monday never hinted at derailment. (I apologize for the disjointed metaphors, but alas, the title of this post more or less required the inconsistency.)

No comments: