Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Change of Pace

It occurred to me just a moment ago that this blog, whatever its worth may be, lies in its flexibility. For everything there is a season... running has taken a back seat in my life for the winter and work, social life and intentional spiritual searching have taken up the helm. That is not to say that I am no longer running or that I was not seeking those things just mentioned while running ranked higher in priority. I am - 90-100 a week... and I was committed to work and intentional soul searching during training... The difference is in the volume of miles and intensity of which I approach the work outs in the off season and the amount of honest, positive introspection I am putting into the rest of my life; mind and body. I renamed my blog to 'Life: Mind, Body, Soul' because of this revelation. My life is more than running, thank goodness. Life is obviously a balance of these three elemental life parts. The seasons of our life dictate the emphasis placed on one or more of the component pieces. But the fact remains, all three are present at all times in some capacity. This blog, in the next few months, is likely to read more like a line of muses than a training journal. It is an honest, introspective, unpacking of my thoughts. That is all it is. It isn't a rant of infallible truth dissemination. Life is what it is and this is the best way for me to process the absolute... mind, body and soul.

No comments: