Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On Restless Nights...

I awoke this morning at 2, unable to return to a peaceful slumber. Instead of getting frustrated and excerbating the problem, I laced up my running shoes and went for a 15 miler. It was glorious. I ran it steady and clean. The city was quiet, windless and warm. I think what it came down to was needing some time moving to help process many of the changes that have been occuring in my life lately and the need to recognize those things and submit to those changes. Honestly, great things are screaming in my face - God is sending signs in abundance -, and I continue to play it safe and hold on to those things I know, are comfortable and require little to no risk-taking. This morning on my run it hit me, struck me, completely overtook me... I need to take more chances and be open to these new opportunities and fully embrace what the Lord is providing. Then and only then will I know whether or not those things are indeed good additions to my life. Growth requires change. We should always be on an upward trajectory, growing and growing and growing - changing and changing and changing. Changing, not for the sake of change, but for the sake of upward movement, character refinement and growing closer to the Lord. Anyways, restless nights will do that to you; cause you to be introspective and run for awhile. We can either embrace those opportunities or continue to roll around restlessly, becoming frustrated, irritable and stagnate. Stagnation is not an option. If we are not growing, we are dying. If we are not sleeping we are awake. Make sure your waking hours are meaningful, peaceful and true. Life is good. Embrace it and grow. Follow God's signs whole-heartedly (this is all more a challenge for myself than a challenge to anyone reading this). F'n a, I am a safety Joe. Have a glorious day.

No comments: