Thursday, October 16, 2008

MEA and Post-Modernism

MEA, as far as I am concerned, stands for Excessive Coffee Imbibation. You are probably quick to realize that the acronym there is ECI, a far cry from MEA. But it is my reality, my MEA. Thus, is/are the implications of post-modernism. What feels right to me at a given moment, even if it defies convention, truth, and complete objectivity, is wholly right in my mind's eye - folks who think contradictory to my line of thought are just as right in there mind's eye. This modern philosophy is, of course, absurd. There is a baseline truth that undergirds all reasoning. Some things are right and some things are wrong. Anyways, I don't want to get into it, but this is a philosophy that has been bugging me lately. Presently, I am in the process of running errands. Yesterday I put in a solid 13 miles, today will be closer to 10 or so. Nothing new or exciting to report. My guess is that this running blog, through the next several months, will begin looking more like a rant and rave blog (as the entree) with a dash of running on top. What a great way to process thoughts and feelings, this blog stuff. Everyone should have a blog. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go enjoy my MEA day off. Peace.

No comments: