Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hit by a bus...

I woke up this morning at 4 for my morning run. I woke up this morning at 4, feeling like I had been hit by a bus. My knees ached, my muscles quaked. Should I run? Of course! All pain, all gain? Is that how the saying goes... that is ridiculous. Seriously though, I felt like I got hit by a bus. Last night I went for an 11 miler after work. I threw down. It was a grocery tempo day... The first few warm-up miles were sub 7 min., within a couple of miles I was cruising along at sub 6 pace, where I stayed for the remainder of the run - bananas in one hand, yogurt in the other. I shredded great falls. It was a glorious sweater run. As the weather changes to winter so my running outfits change to festive, cold-weather get-up. Spandex on the legs, a beautiful, tan sweater with a green collared, button undershirt on the upper body. This is my favorite time of year to run. Back to this morning's run. I shredded last night. I slogged today. Just a little over an hour for my eleven miler last night, a little over an hour for my six miler this morning. I love it. As I continue to mature in my approach to training I am recognizing more and more the need and the JOY of really slow runs. After work I will plod out another 6 miler to stay loossssssssssy gooosy. Back to work.

No comments: