Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Last Week's Mileage + Tues. Update

120 miles last week. 40 mile weekend. I have been running great this week. I feel slightly stronger this week and significantly more solid on account of a few less miles last week. So far this week...

SU: 20 (12+8)
M: 15 (10+5)
T: 12 AM + to be determined PM...

I want to congratulate one of my three readers, Papa New Guin, my father Deane on his first 5k completion. On a treadmill. Good work dad. I hope that you find peace and meaning in your training for the Tiger 5k.

I was thinking over Papa New Guin's success on my morning run and refined the larger thought of success to the importance of PR's... personal records. They are personal. They are ours. None of us will ever be able to run a 2:03 marathon, beating Haile G., nor will any of us ever be able to run a 27:30 10k. But, we are all capable of improving on our own records. Us vs. ourselves. Pushing ourselves mind, body and soul to a place of new understanding. It is all about looking inward, not outward, when it comes to physical challenges. If you work on running YOUR best, you may find that YOUR best is enough to beat everyone else's best at that race. That is excellence. PR's...

Peace.

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

Thanks Bri! And thanks for your inspiration blog... it help me get to me first goal... now I can work towards the second goal... actually participating in a 5k race. Keep up the running and writing Brian!