Monday, March 9, 2009

Milestone Week

A year ago, this week, I began my "100 mile week" log. Prior to that running journal, I kept a small, fairly sparse account of my weekly mileage. 50-70 miles a week was my normal range before 2008 (2005-2008). A year ago, this week (technically last week, actually), I began averaging 101 miles a week. After the last 7 months of 120+ weeks, my yearly average, if taken from today, has been closer to 110-120 miles a week for 52 weeks.

I am feeling good. I am hopeful that I have many more years of consistent training. As I mature and grow I find myself feeling better more often. Taking easy days when I need, 1 a days when I ought to and listening more closely to my body. Longevity @ high mileage, I have come to learn, comes from being patient, methodical and peaceful. At least this is my approach. That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brian! That is quite a log of miles you have run in this last year! It is so neat to see how your running fits into life's disciplines and is molding you into an amazing young man! I love you! Mom