Monday, November 24, 2008

3-Month Mileage

A little over 1700 miles since I started my Great Falls training log, 3 months ago today. I feel truly blessed to be able to get up each morning and put in these high mileage days, weeks, months and years. One mile at a time, one day at a time, one week at a time - the only possible way to accumulate that kind of mileage. Anyways, the numbers aren't why I am out there. It is for the love of the movement that I run. Nothing feels more natural. The numbers help me stay motivated and remember what kind of work I have done and what kind of progress I have made on days that I am feeling a bit down. Some highlights of the last three months of training in Great Falls:

Sept. - 204 mile week
Oct. - USATF Montana Ultra State Champion for 2008
Nov. - An 11 miler out and back near Stockett, of which the first 5.5 miles were uphill bucking a 20-30 mile per hour headwind (gusts in excess of 55)... hands down the greatest character building run of the last three months. 

Anyways, life is good. Really enjoying the running lately and feel refreshed and renewed with the good things that are abounding in my life. I feel blessed to be able to get out as much as I do and enjoy one of lives' simplest pleasures - bipedal locomotion.

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

That's quite the mileage!!! You know that lots of people don't drive that far in their car in 3 months!!!!
Never stop plugging away... keep up the good work!