Sunday, November 30, 2008

On Lost Beasts...

Lately, my thoughts have been turning to future work, what to do after Americorps in July. Back in C. Springs I toyed with the idea of returning lost pets for cash rewards. It made sense then, and is beginning to make sense now, in Great Falls. I am on the streets 3 hours a day, everyday, running. I see these "lost pet, reward offered" signs in many of the neighborhoods and what's more, I see many stray animals roaming the alleyways and streets in the wee hours of the morn. Less traffic, slower pace of human life, equals lost pet emergence around 3 in the morning. They are everywhere; effusively, they flow out of the bowels of The Falls when the city goes fallow.

Anyways, I might as well begin returning lost pets, part-time, to see what kind of money I can pull in, to see, if indeed, it would be viable to support myself on critter bounty hunting.  

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

What an amazing job that could be... a few nips and bites here and there, scratches from the cats and missing fingers... no big deal though. Nice idea. I like it!