Monday, April 20, 2009

Big Push

This will be my last 120+ mile week for awhile. I am stoked! Races are in sight! 19 miles yesterday. 11 of those miles were in the mountains! yayyyyy. I stopped in the Little Belts on the way home from Bozeman. Found a sweet snowmobile trail that was pretty well packed. Ran 5.5 miles uphill, feeling great. My pace wasn't anything to write home about, but the lack of purchase on the snow made it difficult to do much more than I was. The cruise down was great. My downhill legs feel great. Awesome weather, glorious mountains, and peace of heart - doesn't get much better than that. Back in Great Falls, I went for an 8 miler around town. After this week I will do an honest to goodness taper for my first race, May 9th.

I have decided to postpone my sub-6 hour 50 mile attempt until mid-may. I won't be able to do it this weekend, as planned. Busy weekend coming up, what with the Ice Breaker and all. Anyways, I am ready to hit one last hard week of training. Peace.

No comments: