Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mid-week Update

A solid week so far. Lots of good miles. Here it is:

SU: 18 (6 tempo+12 easy)
M: 13 easy
T: 19 (11+8 easy)
W: 21 (8 moderate+13 steady)
TH: 13, build - moderate to hard effort

I have truly come to enjoy and appreciate the value of my mid-distance easy runs. Taking it easy. It sets me up so well for the shorter, harder runs. This training cycle of short/hard (6-10 miles @ 5:30-6:15 pace) with middle runs/easy to moderate (11-14 miles @ 7:30-8:30 pace) and a couple of 15+ mile runs sprinkled in a week works well with my fitness development. Every other week or so I throw in a long/hard tempo. This is a training cycle that I enjoy for what it is and the discipline, joy and development that it provides. I am beginning to feel like I would be satisfied if I never raced again - though I most definitely plan to and am beginning in the next couple of weeks. This is a good place to be with training. Peace in the moment and with running for what it is.

No comments: