Friday, April 3, 2009

A Change of Pace

Yesterday was a different sort of Thursday. It turned out to be pretty decent after a melancholy morning. After a presentation to my advisory board last night, I dawned ye ol' head lamp and went out for a 13 miler. It was glorious. Took it at a moderate pace that felt effortless. 7-7:30. No wind for the entirety and total darkness for only the last 4 miles or so. By the end of the thing snow began to fall. It was really a great run. It was nice to switch things up and run at a different time of day. It was just what I needed to reinvigorate. The cows were free-ranging on the road higher up in the hills - what a beautiful pastoral scene. As I passed I gave a tip of the hat and a "eve'n ladies" to the herd. 

I have a couple of ounces of desire to run again. Nice to have over 24 hours of rest. 

I took today off to veg out and change up the schedule for once. First day off since I started working in August. Feels good. I need to do this more often.

No comments: