Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not an Ounce of Desire

Stepped out the door for my morning 12 miler and immediately realized that I had not an ounce of desire to run. I took one step forward, turned around and came back inside. It was/is inexplicable.

This is the first time in years that while being in really good shape, injury-free and on a high mileage kick, that I have had no desire to hit the road. Bored with training and running? I don't know. Any suggestions on how to get motivated would be helpful. Right now, I feel like curling up in a ball and sleeping forever, not death, but a really good REM sleep. Anyways, break-time, I guess.

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

Not a bad thing to take a break every now and then, specially when you have put so much effort into it day in and day out. You will be more excited about running if you take holidays from it.... It's just like anything else, you get tired, worn out and just need a break. Enjoy the break and then jump back in. Perhaps you need a day off a week. You might see some improvement in your running, attitude and life! Just some thoughts from Papau New Guin