Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taper Time

Well, I am trying something new this time around; a serious taper. For Le Grizz I put in a 132 mile week a week out from the race, of course I was coming down from a peak of 204 a couple weeks before. I am going to go for a two week taper here too, but at significantly lower mileage. This week will be in the 50-60 range. Next week will be about the same. I am already noticing a difference in the way I feel. My legs feel much more solid than they did during my last taper. I think this rest, perhaps it could be called a restoration, will be a test of this resting idea. Of course, the fear is always losing fitness, but I am not worried. This life is a journey. I will see how my body reacts to this two-week mileage drop-off prior to the Americorps VISTA 50 miler. Here is what I did this week:

SU: 4, easy
M: 9 @ 7:10
T: 9 @ 6:50
W: 9, tempo (really strong, clean strides)

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

Sounds like a good plan! Is there an Americorps/Vista 5k too! : )